You cannot stay awake the whole night chasing the rodents. Besides, it’s not always easy to catch them if you are not equipped with the right tools. These nocturnal creatures continue to pester you until you take some action. Before it becomes a serious problem, it’s good to get rid of using some pest control techniques.
Most Common Rodents in the Houston Area
There are different kinds of rodents there in Houston. But let’s talk about the most commonly found rodents. Rodents are quite common in this locale, especially in winter they sneak into the house looking for food and warmth. Due to their population, Houston is termed as ‘Rattiest City in 2017. So, here are the types of rodents that are housed in Houston.
- Deer Mice: These mice have relatively short bodies and small ears. Their fur usually has a brown texture.
- House Mice: Compared to deer mice, the house mice have smaller bodies; they too have brown fur.
- Roof Rats: These rats have black bodies and a long tail; they are about a foot in length.
- Norwegian Rats: Compared to roof rats, Norwegian rats are lighter in colour, have short tails and larger bodies.
Why are Rodents Dangerous?
Rodents are not only cringe-worthy creatures invading your space but also pose a significant threat to you and your family and your building. Here are the reasons why you need to keep them away.
- They Spread Diseases: Rodents can spread disease through their feces, urine, and sometimes even hair- that can poison your food without your knowledge. They can also spread bacteria and spread harmful diseases like rat-bite fever, Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome. These rodent-borne diseases can become very serious and life-threatening.
- They Damage your Building: Rodents are not only unsanitary, but they can also cause structural damage to your home and belongings. They can gnaw through your clothes, furniture, drawers and many more. They can also damage electrical wiring and cause electrical problems at your place.
- They can Create Fire Risk: When rodents chew through the wires, they can pose a severe fire risk. Some of the risks associated with electrical damages are very dangerous.
How to Keep Rodents out of your Home?
Seal all Entry Points: Blocking all rodents’ entry points is the first step in curbing them. When there are no easy ways to get in, the mice look for other options to find shelter. However, mice can enter your place if there’s a small hole or way. Therefore, make sure you seal up your building’s cracks and holes.
Go for Home Sanitization: Rodents are allergic to places that are clean and tidy. Therefore, begin with sanitizing your places. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the place, seal food properly, throw the garbage in the dustbin, and tightly seal its lids. Regularly clean the kitchen area and wipe all the crumbs on the counters and floors.
Buy an Ultrasonic Device for Mice: You find many rodent repellers in the market today. The ultrasonic mouse repellent emits a frequency that affects the rodents’ auditory and nervous system, and makes them flee from your place. The ultrasonic pest repeller’s sound is not audible to humans or pets, but it is loud enough to drive the mice away.
Above are some of the best pest control methods. Before resorting to any plan, inspect your place and know what type of rats or pests have infected your place. Use the best way to get rid of rodents.
Click here to buy your very own Ultrasonic Pest Repellent.